Completed a three-year program in Contemporary Art at L'École Beaux Arts in France (1984-1987). I learned the mastery of traditional painting from notable Boston realist painter, Joel Babb, at the School of The Museum of Fine Arts (1990-2000). I also studied independently with Ed Stitt, a professional Boston realist artist and teacher, from 2002-2005.
The Beauty in Still
Art in any form, whether dance, music, or painting has always been my inspiration in life. In my work, I strive to reveal true beauty, the beauty which nature has intended us to see. I strive to represent the natural atmosphere of beauty in objects and places.
I am an oil painter who has always had great respect for the old masters of tradition. My admiration of traditional paintings shows through the realism in my work today. My still lifes stem from poetry and symbolism.
I believe that my paintings possess mystery and some fantasy to please the eye and not to bore the viewer. What I am trying to achieve in my painting is to create a mood to express deep intense feelings and romanticism to touch human emotion.
- Currently represented by Soprafina Gallery.
Solo show Nov. 2017 - "Inspired by Ballet"
Solo show Feb. 2016 - "Spirit of Ballet
- United South End Artists (USEA), Boston.
- Sowa Artists guild, Boston.
-previously represented by Au Gold Gallery South End, Boston.
- Mass College of Art, Spring Show (Juried) - 2018. Boston , Ma
Soprafina Gallery , Solo Show, "Inspired by Ballet" - November 2017 Boston , Ma
- Mass College of Art, Spring Show (Juried) - 2017,
- Soprafina Gallery, Solo Show, "Spirt of Ballet," - February 2016.
-Au gold gallery show May 2013
- Au Gold Gallery, group show, "Alchemy Juried Show," South End, Boston - 2013.
"Gold Gallery is pleased to announce the newest addition to our roster of artists, Boston-based painter, Susan Gheyssari. Susan has studied internationally, most notably at the Ecole des Beaux Arts in France and Boston's Museum of Fine Arts, supplementing her passion for Realism and Impressionism. The Boston Ballet inspires many of her paintings; the suspended costumes are both beautiful and haunting and capture the essence of the absent dancer. Other paintings reference her Persian background. Pomegranates populate her panels, symbolizing abundance, fertility, and invincibility. All of her work delicately balances realist ideals with a contemporary aesthetic."
Museum fine Art school of Boston, December Show , 2012 Boston ,Ma
- Broomfield Gallery South End, December Group Show - 2011. Boston,MA
- Brickbottom Gallery 2010 , Cambridge MA
- Amsterdam Whitney gallery 2008 New York
- Newton Public Library Annual Awards Show, First Price Leslie Russel Award Newton art Association - 2006. Newton ,Ma
- Concord Art Association Annual Juried Show - 2004 Concord MA