I completed a three-year program in Contemporary Art at L'École Beaux Arts in France (1984-1987). I learned the mastery of traditional painting from notable Boston realist painter, Joel Babb, at the School of The Museum of Fine Arts (1990-2000). I also studied independently with Ed Stitt, a professional Boston realist artist and teacher, from 2002-2005.
The Beauty in Stillness
Art in any form, whether dance, music, or painting has always been my inspiration in life. In my work, I strive to reveal true beauty, the beauty which nature has intended us to see. I strive to represent the natural atmosphere of beauty in objects and places.
I am an oil painter who has always had great respect for the old masters of tradition. My admiration of traditional paintings shows through the realism in my work today. My still lifes stem from poetry and symbolism.
I believe that my paintings possess mystery and some fantasy to please the eye and not to bore the viewer. What I am trying to achieve in my painting is to create a mood to express deep intense feelings and romanticism to touch human emotion.
Currently represented by Soprafina Gallery
- Solo show Nov. 2017 - "Inspired by Ballet"
- Solo show Feb. 2016 - "Spirit of Ballet"
- represented by Au Gold Gallery, South End, Boston. Alchemy Juried Show 2013
- Broomfield Gallery South End
- Concord Art Association Annual Juried Show, Concord, MA
- Newton Art Association Annual Awards Show - First Prize Leslie Russel Award
- Amsterdam Whitney Gallery, Chelsea, NYC
- Newton Open Stuidos